Sequatchie Concrete Service Revenue and Competitors
Estimated Revenue & Valuation
- Sequatchie Concrete Service's estimated annual revenue is currently $30.8M per year.
- Sequatchie Concrete Service's estimated revenue per employee is $321,000
- Sequatchie Concrete Service has 96 Employees.
Sequatchie Concrete Service Competitors & Alternatives
|Competitor Name||Revenue||Number of Employees||Employee Growth||Total Funding||Valuation|
What Is Sequatchie Concrete Service?
In 1954, Robert R. Thomas and Sam Hunter formed the Hunter Ready Mix Concrete Company. A batch plant consisting of two aggregate bins and a bucket elevator was erected on a 100’x200’ lot adjacent to the railroad. Cement was purchased in bags from Penn Dixie Cement Company. The only delivery vehicle was one truck with a 3 ½ yard Rex mixer. The company’s first order was 100 yards to Brown Brothers Construction Company for pavement for the Texaco Station at the corner of 4th Street and Cedar Avenue. The price was $14.75 per yard. In 1956, the company in negotiations with Harbert Construction Company and Kansas City Bridge reached an agreement to furnish the concrete for the bridge over the Tennessee River at Stevenson, Alabama. A ¾ yard Lorain Crane was purchased and used to move the plant, unload barges of sand and gravel and to load the bins. Two other trucks were purchased. The plant was erected on the north side of the river and the land piers on that side were poured. The plant was then moved to the south side of the river and an approach bridge and the river piers were poured. Water was pumped from the river and a fork lift was used to lift the bags of cement to truck height. The foundation pours for the two river piers were approximately 800 yards each and required 5600 bags of cement. Each pour took about 8 hours. Cement was delivered to Stevenson by rail, unloaded by hand and hauled to the site by crossing the river on the Stevenson Ferry. Upon completion of the Stevenson Bridge, the bins were moved back to South Pittsburg. A belt conveyor built by the South Pittsburg Machine and Welding Shop was erected to load the bins and a new set of aggregate and cement bins were erected. A ground storage cement silo and bucket elevator was installed and bulk cement replaced the use of bags.keywords:N/A
Number of Employees
Employee Growth %
|Company Name||Revenue||Number of Employees||Employee Growth||Total Funding|